Monday, September 17, 2007

Cheap Entertainment

The human male is easily entertained. Case in point: I just bought cheap little $1.00 water bottle sprayers from Wal-Mart to make bleach cleaners, and Gilean, who's the I'm-so-mature-and-everyone-else-is-a-moron age of 13, thought he'd discovered the coolest thing of the century. While spraying water in a hard stream off the deck, shooting long squirts into the sink and evaporative cooler, and running a quick sneak attack on his sister in her bed were all entertaining, the coolest thing was to spray it directly up his nose. His immediate response was a slow and groovy, "Duuuuuuude!" followed by a gleeful, "Dude! I can't believe this is only a buck, sweeeeet!" Now he's in bed, spraying it out the window, trying in vain to hit the next door neighbor's dogs. Has he never seen a water sprayer before? Will there have to be some kind of intervention down the road? Only time will tell. Right now, I'm trying not to roll my eyes right out of my head.

Now that we're done mocking the teenagers, here's my little cutie-pie with his new red Lightning McQueen slippers, rarin' to go first thing in the morning with his beloved strawberry syrup. We are all about the Cars movie and strawberry milk. We did make it to church yesterday. Fortunately, it was stake conference, so we sat in one of the overflows without making too much of a spectacle of ourselves. And besides, Zen wasn't there to make me put church shoes on him, so he had a grand time hopping around, oblivious to his slightly irreverent and inappropriate church attire. And here's Connor again, showing some of the fashionable places you can wear red slippers:
Gilean was so horrified with this pic, he refused to let me post it without fuzzing-out Connor's rear end in the pic. Party pooper! We may start the potty training thing pretty quick here. But that's a topic for another blog. Connor's favorite phrase is, "I do it!" Meaning, he has to do everything himself. It's very hard for me to let him do things himself, especially when it
means it will take five times as long to get something done, or worse, it will make a big mess. But, I know it's good for his growing independence, so I grit my teeth and let him do it.

Here's my Connor helper who's eating as much as he is cooking. Hmm......I think I know someone else who does that. Oh well, cook's privilege!





Randomly Odd Bits: Quiz answer - "Why couldn't I be attacked by crazed supermodels?" comes from the Disney show Kim Possible, where the goofy sidekick Ron is being attacked by ninja monkeys, and this is his lament. Really obscure, I know, so I'll have to come up with an easier quiz next time!

2 comments:

Sue said...

There's nothing better than having a good laugh at a teenage boy's expense! Great cackle material!

BTW, I LOVE your profile photo. Totally luscious!

Becky in Wyo said...

Yes, I am a SEXY woman, don't you know?