Sunday, September 23, 2007

Donations Welcome!

I'm sitting here at the computer first thing in the morning, and I'm already having to beat people off with a stick. I have two children (think teenagers) and one husband who want the computer NOW! I'm thinking, "Go away, I'm having a therapy session. It is in your best interest to leave me alone!" Instead I tell them I'm doing blogging and checkbook balancing (this is so I can pay my tithing, so it's okay to do it on Sunday, right?), which is true, but it's the blogging that's really going to take a long time.

Everyone has financial goals. Let me just skip all the boring responsible stuff, and get right down to the fun stuff. I desperately want need a laptop computer and a new camera. Why, you ask? Okay, I have this fantasy where I'm sitting in my craftroom (don't hate me because I have a craftroom, just follow along here), and blogging away furiously on my new laptop computer, surrounded by fabulous pictures taken with my new digital SLR camera (my current digital camera is soooo slooowwww! Drives me nuts!!!) Oh, and can I throw in a high-tech scanner, so I can digitize all my old photo negatives? I figure all this will be around $two $grand, give or take a few hundred, so start sending in your donations care of... after all, what's a few grand between friends?

Seriously, though, what I am going to do about this fantasy is auction off most of the junk beloved craft supplies in my craftroom. I know it probably won't earn me that much dough, but at least that way, my craftroom will be ready to receive said laptop (okay, I know it's a fantasy) and clearing things out will help me get back into the handmade-cards hobby I have loved so much (and, by the way, benefits my extended family also, wink, wink.) I plan to list said eBay auction next Saturday, September 29th and run it for a week, so everybody nag me this week, so I will get it done. Okay? I'll post a link to it here when I've got it listed. And, if you really feel benevolent, you can email your scrapbooking friends, and give them the link when it's up and running. You're the best! Hugs and kisses! Love ya! (yes, this is all shameless flattery, but not entirely untrue ;)

No comments: