Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Never Stop Growing

Two posts for you, see the teenager one below.


"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, good morning... Now go away, because I need to watch Fishy movie (Nemo) for the zillionth time." While the tv is off most of the day, Connor needs a little help to ease into his morning. Because, you just shouldn't feed coffee to a two-year-old. They don't need that kind of help, and you don't need that kind of stress.

I can't wait until somebody wakes up with a monster bead-head, so I can post it here on my blog for everyone's enjoyment. But, to avoid having to pay for future therapy, I will get their approval first. Especially if it's my teenager, who can be mortified by practically anything.

Okay, I may not blog very much over the next four or five days because I have got to get my eBay sale ready (see Sunday's post#1 "Donations Welcome"), and I am wasting too much time messing around on the computer. So, you guys should be able to catch up on my excessive wordiness, and shower me with comments. I'm not not needy or anything. I'm cool. It's all good. Breathe. But I just wanted to write down a thought I had as I was reading a few pages in Rose Daughter, a beauty and the beast tale with lots of gardening, before going to bed last night.

Sometimes we resent that our Heavenly Father expects so much out of us. While we know that the atonement of Christ covers our failings, we know that we're still expected to do what we can do, to be willing to change. And here's my thought, "Sunlight shines from the top down, not from the bottom up." Would we ever grow if we didn't reach for the sky? Heavenly Father does not want us to stay small on the ground. He knows we can be so much more, that there is this huge growth that we are capable of if we will reach towards Him. The sun can seem so far off and above us, but that's good, because if He let us be content to stay where we are, we would always be too small.

No comments: