Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mystical Wisdom


I said to Connor tonight, "Connor, get your feet out of the dough!" Good thing I baked the pizza before we ate it.

I showed him the autumn moon tonight, and he kept pointing at it, saying, "Moon, babies." What? So, he ran to his room, and I showed him the baby dolls in the stuffed animal box, and he took all of them, and went back outside to the moon, and said, "Moon, babies." Me-"Are you showing the babies to the moon? Are there babies in the moon?" Connor-"Moon, babies." What does it mean? Hhhmmm .... mystical wisdom from my two-year-old, or maybe a book I've read to him? I just put it here, so I could remember later the sometimes inscrutable things kids say.

Potty training not going so well today. He's still willing to sit on the potty, but then he always goes in his pants ten minutes after we've made an attempt in the bathroom. And forget the pooping. Maybe I should try some kind of cloth diaper/cloth underwear for a while? He's still on the young side of things. I don't know, I'll mull it over a few more days. All I know is, he's willing to sit on the potty and take off his own pants, so that seems worth keeping. So, we'll put diapers back on for now, and keep taking potty breaks.

Randomly Odd Bits - Identify "Mumbler!" Hint - I think Johnny Depp is a comic genius in this movie, and so does Connor!

Update: - Well, nobody's paying attention out there, so here's the answer: It's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! It's definitely a darker film than the first one, that's Tim Burton for you, but I think it's totally hilarious, gets funnier everytime I see it!

No comments: