Friday, October 26, 2007

He's Still a Manly Man


Okay, it took a day for it to sink in, but I just realized something as I was doing laundry tonight. I found someone to commiserate with about laundry, of all things. It's my least favorite everyday chore, and I don't iron or really fold much, if I can avoid it. I found this mangled tape in the pocket of someone's pants, and we both moaned over laundry mishaps. I told this person about the time I accidently washed and dried a little jumper with two sneaky little crayons in the decorative pocket. Some of the load I just had to throw away, and I spent a long time cleaning crayon streaks out of the inside of the dryer. Who is this new buddy in laundry? Why, Gilean of course! He asks me laundry advice all the time, and totally does his own laundry without being asked to. What a kid! But make no mistake, he's still a manly man! You know sometimes, I think, "Boy, I'm raisin' 'em up right!" Some woman will be very happy I trained this kid to do his own laundry. Even to check for stains!

1 comment:

The Donnells said...

What a nice son. Now if you can just get him to do all the laundry you will be set.