Monday, October 29, 2007

Girls' Scrapbook Getaway Weekend

FABULOUS!!! We sure had a great time! Thanks again to Chris for arranging all that. I'm sure we all agree, we'll have to do that again! And maybe more can come next time. Man, I wish I'd taken more pictures!! Especially one with all of us with our stuff spread out. Oh, well, maybe one of you has one. And, I forgot to get a picture of Jenn's headband. My bad! And I just realized - I was in more photos this weekend than I am the entire year put together. I gotta hand off the camera more often! Here goes:

A fabulous place to stay!

Across from the inn. Those old, but wonderful, Park City houses. Thank goodness I don't have to walk those stairs all day. Bet old Park City is full of young people!

Houses on the mountain-side in Park City. Waiter, would that be three mill' or four?

Where we ate dinner Friday night, on my birthday. Pricey, but very yummy!

Sue 'n Me! People say we look a lot alike. Huh?!!!

Hey, what a good-lookin' bunch! Awkward moment: this guy in line with us at the ordering counter kept flirting with me. I was just confused! I'm thinking, "Now, I know I lost 30 pounds, but not even a 100-pound weight loss is going to make men start flirting with me. What does he want? Would he just go away and leave me alone?!!!" I was having a high-school flashback, where the jock flirts with the mousey girl so he and his friends can mock her later. I'm not trying to insult myself or anything, I'm a pragmatist, but I think he was doing that because he was a little drunk. Otherwise, he wouldn't have bothered talking to me. Can you tell I've been married a long time? Whatever lame single social skills I used to have, are long gone now.

We went next door to this candy place (name?) after dinner, and my brain kind of drooled over the candy apples, but I was so full from dinner, my stomach told me I couldn't have one.

We were all full from dinner, and it was uphill on the way back, so we all got on the trolley. Some of us (camera chicks) probably embarrassed everyone else by taking pictures of the trolley, while holding up traffic. Thanks for your patience, trolley driver!

Chris, the ill-fated Treasure Mountain Inn employee.

Thanks for the birthday loot, Mom!

I found these cool gift pails online at Stampendous. The fuzzy socks were a big hit!

I saw this after my morning walk, and found it humorous. Nice pink car seat up front in the Corvette. Park City - where even the babies ride in style!

The breakfast cooks. Jenn and my Mom helped, too!

Man, this makes me hungry all over again! Chris, thanks for rounding up the maple syrup!

Marathon shopping! Man, my feet hurt! Next time, I'm wearing tennis shoes, instead of Dani-style-fashion-before-practicality cute sandals.

Shopping loot! Amazing what you can haul away from a good sale!

Dorkin' it up for the camera! Aren't I so cute in my handmade headband! Liz gave all of us basic white headbands, and we were given instructions to decorate our own with the supplies we had on hand. So, I used the pail decor to make my headband. I must have done something right, because I was told several times I should start wearing headbands. Although I'm sure they don't have to all be this over-the-top. And don't you just love that jingle necklace? It just caught my fancy, for some reason. I must have been feeling festive.

Thanks for the goody bag, Liz! Looking at your scrapbooks and giving me some fabulous supplies, have inspired me to get back into scrapbooking by hand. Those supplies are just so darned fun!



Here we have Miss Buggs Bunny and her alter ego, Dracula. Apparently, Sue had a surprise peek at her drinking glass while in the bathroom, and decided to demonstrate her new look. Sookie! (Sue, am I allowed to steal that and apply it to you?)

Did I really haul this much stuff with me? Can I fit it back in my car?

Well, it was a great time. Hope we get to do it again soon. I reserve the right to add more pics to this post. So don't be surprised if you find changes later.
Love, Becky

6 comments:

The Donnells said...

The candy shop was the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Sooo good. I am glad that we all had fun it was nice just to hang with the girls.

Becky in Wyo said...

You get the prize for leaving the first comment about my girls' weekend blog post! Would that be baby clothes or a big box of chocolate?

Jenn said...

what's the prize for leaving the second comment?

Becky in Wyo said...

Uummmmm... a great big hug? Although, if you email me a picture of your headband to add to the post, I could be persuaded to split my scrapbooking loot with you!!

Jenn said...

Sorry, no pictures were taken of my lovely headband. So keep the loot for yourself and enjoy!

Lizzy Lou said...

Dear Jenn...as the party/contest organizer, I deem you second in line as winner of the most creative head gear. Since you actually showed me your cute attire you also win a bag full of scrap booking goods like Becky's. As soon as I can get to your house I will drop off the fabulous goods. [It has at least 12 pages of Bohemia, along with bling and matching verbage tags]. Thanks so much for joining in the fun of the head gear contest.......