Tuesday, July 6, 2010

3 Months Old


Connor SAM is three months old today. My how time flies! I tried to get a pic of him smiling, but the most I could catch was a slightly amused expression.

He and I have a good groove. I've figured out his preferences, and I know how to help him when he's fussy. He sleeps through the night, can hold his head up, drinks his bottle like a champ, likes to put weight on his legs if you hold him, and loves to be talked to and played with, but as busy as I am, he spends most of his waking hours in his little reclining chair watching all the chaos in our house (i.e. the other kids). He may take longer to roll and move than the other kids, just because his mother can't get to him as often as she should.

And hey, Sue is back!!! It was good to read a post from her! I'm going to take a page out of her book, and write a summary of the things that have happened, and that I'd like to blog about, if I ever get the time:


  • Mother's Day - Zen was out in the field, but the kids made me breakfast in bed early in the morning. I was a crankyhead at the time (it was soon after Sam was born, and I was still getting terrible sleep), but I sucked it up and ate what they brought me.
  • Father's Day - again, Zen was out in the field, but we mailed him a care package of goodies and funny Father's Day cards. I'll see if I can scan and post them.
  • Sam's Blessing Day - Zen gave a wonderfully articulate and thought-out blessing. If it wasn't such a sacred thing, I'd post the entire text of it on my blog. Is it okay to put quotes of it in? I'm not sure of the etiquette of that. Somebody clue me in.
  • Emma turned 2 and Gil turned a magical 16. Holy Monkeys! He'll be driving on his own soon! Just a few details to finish up for his license.
  • Sue came to visit last week for Gil and Dani's summer play, and to see Dan, who is doing some training here in Rock Springs. We swam in his hotel pool, and we all went to see Toy Story 3.
  • The cleaning and organizing I have been doing in the past two weeks, trying to make room in Emma and Connor's room for Sam. He's still sleeping in the swing bassinet in our room. I don't mind his company, but his little legs are a little cramped in there.
  • All the little things about each of the kids: Gil, Dani, Connor, Emma, and Sam.


I hardly have the time to keep up with this blog, because I've been putting so much effort into my health blog, that at the end of the day, I just don't have the time for this one. Plus, I'm really behind on my Medical Transcription, and I need to catch up. There are just not enough hours in the day!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, Connor has reached the ripe old age of 3 months? Dude, I can tell you are the mother of 5. Get your kids' names straight!

We sure had fun at your house last week! I can't believe Gil is 16. Has he asked anyone out yet? I guess he'll probably need his license first. It's not that cool to bring your mom with you to pick up your date. Or to pick up your date in a kid-crustied minivan for that matter.

Sam is a chubby bunny and oh so cute!

Becky in Wyo said...

That's what I get for blogging at midnight! Okay, now it's fixed.

Anonymous said...

hey look at the website i found trying to find this blog
http://www.kathyandbecky.com/
very "beard" and twilight zoney.

zen