Saturday, July 10, 2010

The FunMaster

More hugs and loves out to Zen, who is so far away in Dickinson, North Dakota, for the next two weeks. I can't say enough about how much we appreciate him, and how I know what a sacrifice it is to be away from us for such long periods of time. I do my best to hold down the fort, so that when Zen gets home, he feels that his sacrifice is worth it. I know it is. Love you, sweetie!

When Sue was here a week and a half ago, we went swimming over at Dan's hotel pool then, too. It was an overcast day, and when it started thundering, we all scurried out of the pool. Zen was home the last half of that week, and we were sure glad to have him with us. He is The FunMaster, a lot more ready and willing than I am, usually, to get out of the house and go do fun things together.

This year, as in every year, Zen was in charge of buying fireworks for the Fourth of July. We started off our celebrations on Saturday, the 3rd, because the kids were chomping at the bit to blow things up. "Awww, come on, let's at least do sparklers!" So we went out back on our deck, and lit up the night.







The next night, we drove a little out of town down Foothill Blvd, and just parked the van on the side of the road to watch the fireworks being shot off at the fairgrounds.

It was so cold and windy that night. Zen, Dani, and Emma toughed in out in the camp chairs on the sidewalk.

Gil, Sammy and I stayed in the van. Zen had me tune the radio to the station where they were playing the accompanying music to the light show. I only wish the weather was better, but maybe next year. That's Wyoming for you.

Just when I was getting the hang of my telephoto lense and my camera settings, my battery died, so I only got a few shots, but it really was a beautiful light show.

2 comments:

Lois Ann said...

Yep, fireworks are always fun. Remember watching fireworks at Ft. Ord California one year when the fog had rolled in and they looked so misty up in the clouds? As I remember, the sound was muted too.

Lori Gerten said...

I'm jealous of your cool radio tunes to the fireworks! It looks like it was an awesome time. I love reading your blog. Things seem to be going well for you and I'm really happy about that!