Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Fun With The Cousins

I'm so glad Sue and I are getting a chance to spend some time together this summer. I'm always wishing we lived closer, because a two-hour car trip is just a bit much to be doing constantly throughout any week, but hey, how cool is it that we both live in Wyoming! Whoever would have guessed?! I thought I'd do my blogging earlier in the day this time, instead of staying up until midnight. Then, I can get my exercising done before all the kids wake up. But I digress. Sue was here briefly yesterday and today with her kids, all visiting Dan, who is doing some training for Halliburton here in Rock Springs, before he ships off to Texas for three months. We all went swimming over at the hotel pool today. What a blast! It was the perfect day, and the only downer was that even though the sun was bright and the air was hot, the water was coooooold from the past few days of overcast weather! Brrrr!

I'm making this my "official" before weight-loss picture. What is that word Sue uses for hot guys and gals? Sookie!!

Speaking of Sookie... you go size-8-girl!!

Despite the bazillion kid-friendly pool floaties I bought, Emma would NOT go further into the pool than the first few steps.

Cutie little Mac, in his lifevest floatie.

Connor had a blast, despite the cold water. And Dani is great with all the little kids, and big kids too, playing games like "shark" with Lily, making her squeal in delight.

Amelia had a lot of cute pics, but this was my favorite. Sue took all these pics today. Can't you tell?! Go professional photographer!

This was supposed to be Sammy's pool floatie, but Emma staked her claim first, even though she wouldn't take it in the water.

Sammy loves his baths, but today was his first time in a swimming pool. He was not impressed by the frigid water. "You guys are crazy, what are you doing to me?!!"

But after a while, with some cuddling from Momma and some gradual dunking, he was willing to put his legs in the water.

If Lily could have done it, I think she would have stacked a tower of floaties together to swim with.

Between brave dips in the pool, the kids huddled up on the lounge chairs in the warm sun.

You'd think Mack was done with a chair he'd gotten his foot stuck in and had to be rescued by his Momma. But Emma and Mack are at that wonderful terrible-two stage where they are really territorial and bossy about anything they think is "their" stuff. So, Mack was complaining that Emma was taking the cranky chair he'd just gotten out of. It was kind of funny.

Mack sure loves his big sisters.

I'm so glad they all got to visit, and I'll still keep having fantasies that Sue and I live in the same town, or at least less than an hour apart.

2 comments:

Lois Ann said...

Wouldn't that be great? to live closer? I have to get on the plane to go see Jane now. Hurry up, family reunion :-)

Sue said...

Dude, you can totally tell I live in mosquito land and never wear shorts. Look at those pasty white legs!

It's amazing how well kids can tolerate cold water all in the name of fun. They had a great time! I can't wait to come back in August when the rec center pool is done. We may live at your house those last couple of weeks before school starts!

Love you, sis! I'm so glad we're spending more time together. A 2 hour drive is really no big deal for a Cokeville girl!