Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sam's Beautiful Blessing Day

June 6 was a beautiful day for a blessing, and we were thankful for everyone who was able to come, including Zen's parents, Zen's sister Mickie and her family, my Mom, Sue and her kids.

Zen gave a beautiful blessing, so articulate and special. It was a wonderful last-baby-blessing to cap our family with. I wish I could post it here, but it's too public. I really want to round up all my kids' blessings and get them in a binder sometime. It's amazing that even though most of the same things generally get said in a baby blessing, it can still feel special and unique.

Wow, here we are, all together!! Seven of us, hard to imagine. Zen and I both come from a family with four children. Sam broke the pattern, but that's a good thing. Zen suggested once that Sam kind of might be an "extra" spirit, but I basically told him to bite his tongue. Our Sammy is most welcome in our family.

Zen's parents and us. Sam is likely the last grandchild. Next come great-grandchildren.

A wonderful three-generation photo. I'm so glad Mom and Sue could be there.

My Mom was assigned the job of picking out Sam's blessing outfit. She did a wonderful job! It has a beautiful, crocheted look to it. I loved it!

Sue's pics had some beautiful compositions, but Sam was just a scowler. Doesn't he know yet how to cooperate with the paparazzi?


Hmmm... Mommy kisses remind me I'm hungry.

Sam, you are not allowed to outgrow Mommy kisses, yet.

2 comments:

Sue said...

That last picture is my favorite. Sam's slightly less scowly and your eyes look gorgeous!

Mom has done such a great job with blessing outfits for our kiddos over the years. Yay, Grammie!

Jenn said...

I wish we could have been there. Sam's outfit is darling and is almost exactly identical to Bennett's blessing outfit. His grandma picked it out for him as well.