Monday, September 8, 2008

Why Do I Love Dorky Pictures?

We've been trying for weeks to capture Emma's smile, which appears all the time now. We've managed a few shots, but most of the rest have been on the dorky side of things. No class of people have more unusual expressions than babies. So get your popcorn, settle in to your computer chair, and pretend to enjoy my slide show of Emma.

Aug 6 - Early pics in the baby tub, a gadget we've since dispensed with. These days I just put a few inches in the big tub, and away we go. Hhmmm, I feel another photo shoot coming on...

Aug 7 - Dani blowing in Emma's face. It's like the kitty-lick-lick-trick (our old childhood cat, GirlKitty, would lick the air whenever we would scratch the base of her tail.)

Aug 9 - Babies can sleep in any position.

Aug 9 - I think Dani figured that she could "encourage" Emma to smile by taking care of it for her.

Aug 9 - Here's the real deal.

Aug 12 - My sweet girl. Sleeping babies always feel like such an accomplishment.

Aug 15 - My wonderful, weird, motley crew.

Aug 15 - "Big Brother, what the garbage is this music?!"

Aug 20 - If Sedona looks like an orca, Emma unmistakably looks like an adorable bullfrog. See?
http://www.pbase.com/image/82070791

Aug 20 -
1. "Waiter, another bottle, please."
2. "And my point, gentemen, is..."
3. "Mom, there's a fly on the ceiling."
4. "Engage!" It's a Trekkie thing, not that I'm a Trekkie.
5. "Mom, we really need to discuss my older siblings..."
6. "A bath, you say? Now, wait just a second!"
7. "Look, missie, if you don't get that camera out of my face..."
8. "Just between you and me -
9. "Mom, you really need to trim your nose hairs, 'cuz I see them, like, ALL the time!"
10. Insert your own comment.

Aug 22 - "Ahoy, mateys!" "Aaarghh!" "Walk the plank!"

I'm a bullfrog, really.

Aug 23 - "Mom, a little less togetherness, please?"

Aug 27 - Dani had a blast taking pictures of Emma with this cute pink scarf.

Aug 27 - "Oh, my heck, did you see the size of that - ?!!!" or "Oh, my gosh, that was the loudest burp/fart in history! My eyes nearly popped out!"

Aug 28 - "Hey, I lost my binkie" or "You guys suck! I hate pictures! Leave me alone!"

And that concludes our Baby Picture Dork Fest for the day. Be sure to see our Labor Day post below. Thanks for coming, and have a nice day.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Poor Emma is going to grow up to be a very patient person after all of the attention she is getting from her older brothers and sisters. I'm the youngest and it was probably really good training for me to be married to Josh.

Anonymous said...

Caption: Hey mom, wanna play a game? It's called "Pull My Finger".