Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'm So Close!!!

No, I haven't broken the 200 pound barrier, but I am so close. I weighed myself at the rec center yesterday, and I was only 208 pounds!!! I am so psyched. I haven't weighed this little since before I started having kids, and that was 14 years ago! Instead of gaining weight after having a kid, I have managed to lose weight this time. Yes!!!! I wear a size 18 now, and I am just about out of the "fat girls" clothing department. I can't wait until I'm a 16, and I am so positive I can do it before Christmas. I'm hoping Santa brings me a new wardrobe makeover!!!

What has made the difference? I think I have finally conquered my food issues, in the sense that I just don't pig out anymore. I don't use food to manage my emotional issues, from simple things like boredom to more intense emotions like high stress. When it comes to feeding myself, I rarely have more than one serving, and I try to serve myself on a salad-sized plate, instead of a dinner plate. I really think that over time, I've managed to shrink my stomach. You may not notice my new eating skills at family events, because I still have a weakness for celebrating with food, but my day-to-day eating habits have really altered for the better. And seriously, I enjoy exercising. It's not that every second is a joy, quite the opposite in fact. I have to push myself very hard, but it's the emotional high I get from rockin' my workout, and striving for my personal best that keeps me doing it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ROCK!!! I Too, Have been losing weight and just that knowledge that you have lost a few pounds can keep ya going for weeks!! I also love what you said about ROCKIN your WORKOUT... I am totally stealing that and using that as my workout playlist title on my Ipod!

Jenn said...

Wow, good for you (and Katy too)! It is my personal belief that losing weight is one of the hardest things to do in the world. Well, for me it is. You girls have motivated me to try a little harder and get my lazy bum to the gym! After all, you're making me look bad.

Sue said...

Whoo-hoo! I can't believe you've gotten down to your Pre-Kid weight- not many women with 4 kids ever reach that goal! And it's just in time to do a little shopping at the outlet mall in Park City. You could get a few items for now, and some size 16 items for the New Year!

Becky in Wyo said...

Amen, sister!! I can't wait to go shopping!