Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Beast Within

This was me, minus the nasty slobber.


Are my meds really necessary? This is a question I have secretly asked myself the last couple months, because I have felt great since I left the doctor's office two months ago, before I even took the first pill. You know, was it a placebo effect? Just knowing that I was on medication made it all better? I think I got my question answered this last Tuesday. I ran out of pills a little over a week ago, and couldn't get anymore because Zen has switched jobs (I should blog that, shouldn't I?), and we don't get the new health insurance benefits until Oct 1st. I went in to fill my prescription, and without pharmacy benefits, it would cost me $144.00! No way! I'll go without my medicine, I concluded. Well, I couldn't see any difference until last Tuesday, when the Crazy Beast showed up in my head, and I felt like ripping everyone a new one, you know what I mean? The little stuff, which I handle pretty fabulously these days, just totally bugged the crud out of me, for no good reason, and I felt like I had to try ten times as hard not to be a beast. I just had to vent with my sister Sue, who suggested that I get some free samples from my doctor. Eureka! That's what I did, and the man graciously gave me a month's supply, even though I only needed a week to tide me over. Hallelujah!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that I love that you refer to your monster with in as the monster from Star wars... that is soo you... glad that the meds are helping... at the doctors office where I work, there are alot of people that come in just to get free samples... Im like, "you can do that??? Sweet!"

Sue said...

I totally started cackling when I saw this picture and knew what you were talking about. Some days you just totally feel like that!