Saturday, September 20, 2008

Personal Space



It's nuts trying to get four people to share a computer. I have to beat people off with a stick, usually, to get any computer time. I've been fantasizing for months about having my own computer, but figured it was a long way off. Wouldn't it be lovely to go away somewhere out of the household traffic and work by myself? But then my Mom found out about this guy who was selling used laptops left over from this class he taught to business people. It was only $200, so I told Mom to snatch one up for me. I have my own computer now!!!! I'm in the process of getting wireless internet, so I can blog from any point in the house. Heaven!! I might get more blogging done now, or maybe I'll just wind up doing more puzzles. But that's another story.

The ironic thing is, now I have to beat people off with a stick from my laptop. Aarghhh!!! I've stemmed that tide a little by password protecting my laptop. Now at least they have to ask before they intrude. Vultures! Connor hasn't displayed much interest in the computer before now, but all of a sudden, he finds the laptop appealing. I don't know why, but he makes the fourth varmint I have to pick off with a shotgun to keep from pestering me at the laptop. So much for personal space.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hmmm ... $200.00, really? Are they in good condition? We've been wanting a lap top but haven't wanted to spend the money, so maybe I'll call your mom.

The Donnells said...

Yeah spill the beans on where to get one of those. We are in the market.