Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Pregnancy Dreams

First, y'all, if you didn't read my four posts from yesterday, please do so! I'm kind of needy about the comments right now. More pregnancy irrationality... ummm, moving on.

Okay, it's my turn for the pregancy dreams.  I had a dream last night, that was unusual for me in the sense that I could remember some very tangible details. In my dream, I was lying in a tub next to my bed, and I had just delivered a baby all by myself! I'll spare you the gory details of my dream. But it was a boy, and I held him and said, "You know, you are going to break your sister's heart." Because he wasn't a girl, of course. He was a chubby bunny (not literally), and I could feel his head in my hands and remember his face, even after I woke up in the middle of the night. In my dream, I wanted to get up and take a shower with him, to get us cleaned up so we could go to the hospital - mom, baby, and placenta. After all, I didn't really mean to have a baby by myself, it just sort of happened. Oops! How goofy - dreams are not rational things. But I kind of wish it were real, so I could hold him.

3 comments:

Sue said...

You better make sure Dani reads this so she can start emotionally preparing herself for another brother. I had two or three baby girl dreams when I was pregnant with Amelia (before I knew her gender.) Call it mother's intuition...

Becky in Wyo said...

Yeah, I told her this morning. Some weird part of me thought she would think it was funny, too, so I was giggling by the time I finished telling her about my dream. No, I'm clueless. It just made her cry.

Jenn said...

It sounds to me like Chris is going to be getting a lot of baby girl clothes from you! Although you never know, I still hold out a little bit of hope for Dani.