Monday, January 7, 2008

It's A... Human!

Well, we won't know for another four weeks if it's a boy or girl, but here are the first pictures!


Yeah, it was pretty cool, and a big relief for me, especially after my miscarriage this summer. Now I can call it "Shmookie." I hadn't heard the heartbeat yet, because I was waiting until the new year for my first appointment, so all the expenses would be on this year's reimbursement account for our health plan. I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw the first wiggles on the screen. Dani went with me this morning, and sat in the waiting room until it was time for the ultrasound. She was glad to see it, but I think it was a little bit of a let-down for her. After all, she's still got to wait four more weeks to find out if she's getting a baby sister or not. My next appointment is on Monday, Feb. 4th. So, here's hoping!

2 comments:

Sue said...

It's alive. ALIVE!

OK, maybe the Frankenstein humor is a bit inappropriate, especially since the baby is big enough to actually look like a human instead of an alien.

Anyway, I'm so glad to hear that "Schmookie" is growing healthy!

Becky in Wyo said...

Nah, Frankenstein humor is okay.