Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Since We Came Home, First Bath

The first night home was draining, but I'll talk about that in the next few posts. Mom went home Friday afternoon, after visiting with Zen's parents, who came down to see Sam and to attend Gil's performance in the high school musical, Carnival. Again, there will be a separate post for that, and will also mention Sue's visit, with her kids, to see the play Saturday. But here are Zen's parents, Ron and Rose:
This makes the thirteenth, and probably last, grandchild for Ron and Rose. But great-grandchildren are probably not far behind. That is not an annoucement of ANY variety. Thank you very much.

I debated Sunday morning whether or not to go to church, but it worked out that I finished feeding Sam at just the right time to allow me to shower, get dressed, and help get the other kids ready for church. Dani and I also took a few minutes to give Sam his first sponge bath at home:

Dani loves to be the Sammy helper, developing and practicing her nurturing skills.


Aren't we done yet? It's frosty out here!

I hurried and finished up, so we could get to church. Miraculously, we walked in just when it started.

A little Mommy milk, a bottle, or even a bink would help. Sam loves to suck on his hands when nothing else is available. That might be all that movement I felt low in my abdomen the last month of my pregnancy, even though he was head-down. He must have been moving his hands like crazy.

Naked babies are so cute!

I meant to get a picture of Sam in his first outfit to church, and by the end of Sunday night, I was regretting not having gotten a picture of him, but when I downloaded the pics last night, I discovered someone had me covered after all. Was it Connor or Dani? This outfit was from my Mom, the Grammie, along with some other fantastic, and fantastically needed, newborn clothes she picked up at Wal-Mart. She was a great help last week. I'm so glad she was here, too.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I love that your older children are camera indoctrinated enough to get their own shots!

No one can ever accuse you of using a newborn as an excuse to ditch church. You've always been back within 2 weeks or less. Hope your spirit was uplifted.

Jenn said...

You went to church the same week that you had a baby? Wow. I didn't go back for six weeks. Now I'm feeling like such a slacker. Good for you.