Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day One Part Two

Sue did a great job with the first baby post, but the thing with having a super-duper professional photographer present for the birth of a child, is that there are a TON of cute pictures to choose from, nearly 600! I feel like papering the walls of the house with Susie's great photos! I can't resist throwing in another post of pics.

I'm starting off with a few pics, from my camera, taken the night before the delivery.


I experimented the week before with pizza, and came up with a yummy recipe for spinach mushroom pizza. So, I served up a pizza treat for my Mom and sister Sue the night before baby Sam's delivery.

Zen and the kids all turned off our media, and we had some family together time with Mom and Sue, and played Apples to Apples. Connor and Emma got into the action, in their own way.


It was blizzarding like crazy the morning of the birth, bitter cold wind blowing snow all across the road. I'm glad we live in town, instead of miles away from the hospital. We got into the hospital around 6am, got checked in, and the nurses started prepping me for the c-section.

My ginormo self, and I guess I look good in this pic. But, I was feeling nostalgic this past week about this pregnancy being the last one, and tried to enjoy all the wiggling from Sam despite the discomforts of moving around like a penguin.

The upside - I won't have to do this again, at least not for having babies.


"It's cold out here, and people keep messing with me!"


First snuggles

Sweet baby feet.

First yummies.

Meet The Family!






Gil had to share his MP3 music with Sam.

Connor and Emma went nuts exploring the room, and their favorite game was playing peekaboo in the coat closet.



That was our first day! We're so glad Sam is here, and I want to treasure every minute with him!

3 comments:

Sue said...

You picked some of my fav's! I love the one of Dani, Connor and Sam and of course, the IV pic. And I'm thinking, "Oh, I'm good. You can hardly even see the booby in that nursing picture!"

Dude, I could totally go for some of that spinach mushroom pizza right now (yes, I know it's not even 7am).

Becky in Wyo said...

Yes, I'm not usually into the fleshy pictures, but that one was very tasteful. Good job!

And man, I could realy go for some pizza for breakfast, too!

Jenn said...

First, that pizza looks so yummy. Did you make the crust yourself too? Good job!
Second, Dani doesn't even look the same! When did she grow up? She looks so pretty.
Third, I'm glad that even on your fifth baby you cringe getting the I.V. too. That was definitely the most miserable part of the delivery for me. I couldn't wait to get that stupid thing out of me. My hand hurt for weeks after too.
I love the family picture of all of you. Sam is so handsome, he fits right in with all of you. I hope your getting some rest and enjoying your time at the hospital. Treasure every second with little Sam. It goes by so fast!