Wednesday, April 14, 2010

One Week Old

Baby Sam was one week old yesterday. Happy One Week Birthday!

It's subtle, but I think his face is changing and filling out already. Love me a chunky baby! He was 8lb 4.9 oz. when he was born, 7lb. 12 oz. when he left the hospital, and 7lb. 15 oz. when I took him to our doc's office for a weight check Monday. By his two-week birthday, I bet he's over his birth weight. Keep chugging that formula, baby!

It feels like time is getting away from me in great rushing torrents down a mighty river, and all I have to hold it is a thimble. My sweet baby Sammy. There is hardly enough snuggling time.

Connor is my most hard-headed, but he is also my best snuggler! He's always coming up and kissing Sam on the head, and saying, "Awww, Baby Sam is so cute!"

Even the teenage boy loves the cute baby.

I forgot to get pics of Dani and Emma with Sam yesterday, but Dani is definitely the Mom's Assistant when it comes to Sam, even to the point where I feel like beating her off with a stick so I can have my own snuggle time with Sam. Emma notices Sam every now and then throughout the day, calling him by name and looking at him, but she mostly just likes knowing that Mommy and Sammy and everyone are there, and that all is right in her world so that she can go do her own thing. And Zen was at work yesterday, out in the oil fields. Although, he did get to come home for a few hours. Tonight was the same, and he got a little snuggle time with Sam, and decided that he was the Daddy Hot Rock, more than able to keep Sam snuggly warm on his big chest.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Dude! You're a blogging machine! You're totally making us moms without newborns look bad!

"It feels like time is getting away from me in great rushing torrents down a mighty river, and all I have to hold it is a thimble." I love this. So eloquent, and so, so true.