Thursday, February 26, 2009

Project Linus

Packed up the kids this morning, and about half the house, to head over to the church to work on "Project Linus", a service project our Relief Society is participating in. It's being organized on a larger scale, at least county-wide, for the families of National Guardsmen, who are being deployed in a month or two to Iraq. The intent is to collect blankets for children, ages babies up through teenagers. Today was a Project Linus day, where several of us gathered in the church gym, and worked on blankets.

A view of the gym, my table is on the lower right corner
See all the junk I brought?! And I actually used almost all of it over five hours.
Connor hanging out with Emma in the pack-n-play, aka "baby jail". Emma actually crawled around on the floor most of the time, watching Connor be a spaz, except for her nap. Everyone said what a good baby she was, but she was a pill by 3:00, and ready to go home.
Connor up on the stage, with his Geo Trax train set.
Connor running like a maniac around the gym.
Emma eating wipes, and NOT her baby puff treats.
I was sewing, Connor watched Princess Bride. "Anybody want a peanut?" "Murdered by pirates is pretty good." "Inconceivable!"
Connor posed with the pink ladybug blanket, but he insisted I take a picture of his back, which he thought was hilarious.
Close-up of pink blanket.
Debra Foxley on the left, our Enrichment leader, and coordinator of this project. Gerri Allen on the right, who is spunky and also the Scout Committee Chairperson (I'm her assistant.)
Lady named April, who make a fleece blanket. Most of the ladies make fleece blankets, which is easy because you just buy the fleece and cut a fringe around the edge. But, no, I'm picky and have to sew flannel blankets. It's my thing.
A group of ladies, left to right: Lisa Norton, our RS Pres, Debra, one of my VT's (I love it when they visit, I wish they would come every week, and not just once a month) who is holding Emma (tired of the day), and of course, spazy Gerri

Time Log -

6:00 am - alarm went off, totally lazed around in bed until 6:45, when Gil came in for lunch money
6:45 am - start a load of laundry, exercise, feed Emma, shower, get dressed
8:30 am - dress Emma, start packing a bunch of stuff to go to the church for Project Linus (see pic above of all my junk I brought with me), collect fabric, sewing machine etc, kids' toys, diaper bag, snacks & milk for the day, movies for Connor, & then pack car
10:15 am to 3:15 pm - arrived at church, set up, cut fabric, & sewed. I almost finished the pink ladybug blanket, but I ran out of thread, so I got the blue & yellow dog blanket cut out
3:15 pm to 5:30 pm - unpack car & put things away, do end-of-year tax reports for daycare clients, check bills
5:30 pm to 6:20 pm - shopping at Wal-Mart & Dollar Tree
6:20 pm to 8:15 pm - cook Dinner, eat dinner, feed Emma, make more cookie dough, make treats for visiting teaching
8:15 to 9:25 pm - drop off visiting teaching treats & some of the tax reports to a few of my daycare clients, lastly stopped at Wal-Mart again because I forgot to buy the thread earlier (aaargh!)
9:25 pm to 10:00 pm - get the kids ready for bed, read scriptures with kids
10:00 pm to 11:35 pm - write my blog post, check a few things on the computer (I'm scheming some more blanket projects and Mother's Day mini scrapbook album projects)

End Post #16, 2009

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! you are really serious about this log business. I sure do love all the pictures :-)

Love,
your mom