Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Over the Hill, and Through the Woods, to Susie's House We Go...

Went to Sue's house in Cokeville today, to bring her our kids' craft table set, and our karaoke machine for Lily's birthday. Dani got it for Christmas a few years ago (or was that last year?). Once the Wii showed up, the karaoke started collecting dust. Now that Dani got a singing/dancing game for the Wii, we decided that it was time to give the karaoke machine to Lily, who can now have a blast with it!

Amelia, queen of the craft table.
Kids at play.
My Foofie-Loolie, flirting with the camera.
Susie, doing an amazing job on Lily's bday cake. Hope she blogs the final results. I had to leave before she finished it.
Dan was Martha Stewart today, wrapping presents (hope Susie took pictures, he was telling me his mother used to professionally wrap presents when he was a kid). I love how he and Amelia colored the karaoke box, which was kind of too big to wrap.
Amelia was shockingly cooperative today, and I don't think I saw the classic evil-eye pout once. She was a real ham for my camera.
Lily got home from school right before I left, so I made 'em pose with the craft table. Good sports.

Time Log for today:

6:30 am - wake up, change laundry (will it ever go away?!), fold laundry, exercise, shower, get dressed, feed Emma, bag the cooked hamburger for the freezer, wash the pans
8:45 am - start loading the car to go to Sue's, pack diaper bag, round up all the stuff I'm taking to Sue (kids' craft table & chairs, karaoke machine, soothie binkies, kids' craft supplies left over from daycare), get kids ready to go)
10:10 am - go to Wal-Mart to get shopping done for me & Sue
11:00 am - head out of town, realize I forgot some things right as I got on the freeway, I went back, and also picked up microphone adapters at Radio Shack
11:30 am - back on the road for real this time
1:30 pm - got to Sue's after a few potty break stops for Connor by the side of the road (you can do that when you travel out in the middle of nowhere), unloaded the car, hung out with Sue and the kids while she decorated a cake for Lily's party (very impressive, I hope she posts pics in the next few days)
3:20 pm - back on the road, stopped about 30 miles outside of Cokeville and picked up red rocks. There's this great hillside that sheds dark red clay rocks, I'll have to pick up some more for my yard.
5:20 pm - Got back home, had to talk to the two teenagers, who nearly killed each other while I was gone, lots of drama, unloaded the car, cooked mac & cheese (it can't all be beef stroganoff, which I made Sunday from scratch, very yummy), took pics of Emma on the stairs, first time she climbed to the top
6:35 pm - went visiting teaching
7:00 pm - back home, one sister wasn't there, plan on bringing treats tomorrow night, watched American Idol, fed Emma
8:00 pm - downloaded pics, started blogging, got Emma a bath & put her to bed
8:30 pm - played Blue's Clues Memory with Connor for the first time, he was very excited, Gil teased me again about a dirty house, and I reminded him how I'd lost my $2000 a month daycare job, and had to be the Mom and try to get an eBay store up and running, just can't keep a perfectly clean house, so wise boy that he is, he swept the kitchen floor, picked up the tv room, and vacuumed my paper shredding mess I just hadn't cleaned up in two days
9:15 pm - we read scriptures, I got Connor ready for bed
9:40 pm - back downstairs to my craftroom to finish by blog post for the day
11:15 pm - fall into bed

End Post #15, 2009

2 comments:

Sue said...

Man, I go a couple days without checking your blog and look what happens! You've been a productive girl!

Yes, Amelia is much nicer and happier these days. I think she's coming out of her terrible two's. Thank the goot lawd!

Sue said...

P.S. Thanks for bringing all the stuff. The karaoke machine was a huge success!