Friday, February 15, 2008

My Gram

Sue has done a lot of great detail to commemorate Gram, so I won't offer a lot of repeats. But, I do want to say a few words here.

My Gram passed away Wednesday. She was over 90 years old, and had led a very full life. She raised three wonderful daughters, who in turn raised nine wonderful children, who have given Gram 15 wonderful great-grandchildren, with four more on the way.

Four generations of Cox women - Gram, my Mom, me, and Dani

Gram with Connor in '05

Gram and her nine grandchildren - 3 Oct 94

Gram picking apples off the apple tree at her old home in Sheridan, Wyoming, about 1990. She made the best apple pies. My special time with Gram was the two years I went to Sheridan College right after high school. We used to swim together every week down at the YMCA, and have dinner together, Granddad, Gram, & me.

Okay, I've got to head down the road, so I've run out of time, but I'll have more remembrances later about the good times at Gram's house in Sheridan, Kearney Lake, the times together in Utah, and all the wonderful things she was to us.

We love you, and will miss you, but know that you are joyfully reunited with Granddad. Thank you for everything.

2 comments:

Lois Ann said...

Those are wonderful memories for you and I look forward to reading about some more. I am sorry that your car conked out in Evanston yesterday when you were on your way to Gram's viewing, but glad you made in back to Rock Springs OK. We'll see you on Monday for her memorial service at her church in Orem.

Love, Your Mom

Anonymous said...

dang I wish that you could have been there yesterday, we will see ya on Monday! I love the pictures of gram, when Avy saw the one of gram picking apples she said... Look, its Grammy, shes awake... she had just seen Gram at the viewing ealier that day, she is so smart! Love ya