Tuesday, February 12, 2008

ABC Tag About Me

This is entirely my sister Sue's fault. See her post, The ABCs of Me You might want to check it out, just because her pics are the best, anyway, especially those of our growing up years.
A - Attached or Single: Attached, and happily at that.
B - Best Friend: My best guy friend is Zen. Who else on the planet would honestly think I'm sexy, and knows to tell me I look pregnant instead of fat, even though I really just look fat? He's a smart man. And my best girl friend is Sue. We've passed through Hades together, and we both enjoy the fart jokes. Need I say more?
C - Cake or Pie: Uummm... I hate greasy icing, usually just scrape it off, but I'm crazy about strawberry shortcake. I also love raspberry rhubarb pie.
D - Day of Choice: Why do I feel like saying Monday? I'm afraid I'm a lazy slug by nature, so what's the deal? I love sleeping in on Saturday mornings, and not having to take care of anyone else's kids but my own. But by Sunday night, I'm all slugged out, and I need a Monday to get back on track and feel useful again. I think I have a split personality on the whole day-of-the-week thing.
E - Essential Item: My MP3 player. Can't exercise without it, seriously. How else would I keep the 80's alive? And I'm kind of diggin' The Bee Gees' Staying Alive track these days, and the Bee Gees in general. Go figure. Hey, who stole my big shiny disco ball?!
F - Favorite Color: Blue tones. Love the aqua & turquoise on me. Baby pink looks good on me, too, which is kind of irritating. That's such a kid color. Fah.
G - Gummi Bears or Worms: Bears, I guess. Can we just segue into the chocolate? And I echo Sue's love of the Gummi Basement (although kids are just stupid), and my favorite thing was Kinder Chocolate. White and milk chocolate together make the best candy on the planet, so there.
H - Hometown: What? I'm an army brat. There is no such thing. How about any Western destination with mountains, an open road, and the gas pedal pushed to the floor with music blaring out of the speakers.
I - Indulgences: Okay, I'll admit it, I like to hide from my kids in my bed, and work my way through a bag of Toffee & Almond Nuggets. Ummm... that might be why I've gained ten pregancy pounds in the last six weeks. I better quit buying chocolate. Awwww man!
Yeah, he's my chocolate buddy, and my gum moocher.

J - January or July: July, because there's no bitter cold. Picnics on the green grass, kids running wild, and sweet, sweet barbeque, baby.
K - Kids: Gilean, the joys of sarcastic teenagers who must mock everything. Dani, the preteen who's got a good head of steam in the whole drama department. Connor, who does the most adorable things all the time, but who gets the most swats on the butt. He's the cutest ornery cuss around.
L - Life is incomplete without: Do I have to say my family? That's just too obvious, and it really is completely true besides. Doesn't need a lot of explanation. So, the frivolous things I can't be without is indoor plumbing, weekend naps, American Idol, sci-fi, craft supplies, and chocolate (weird, huh? it used to be cheese, but preganancy has made me temporarily dislike most milk products.)
M - Marriage Date: August, early 90's. Sorry a little paranoid about the identity theft issues.
Man, were we ever this young?

N - Number of Siblings: Two bros, one sis
I love this picture. Childhood at its best.
Hey, we didn't always fight when we were young. There were some good times, honest.

O - Oranges or Apples: I'm kind of into the citrus zing these days. I don't spit on apple crisp, though.
P - Phobias or Fears: Spiders, I guess. Although, in order to combat this fear, I have adopted a catch-and-release program. Instead of screaming and squishing them, I catch them in a cup or jar, and put them outside. I don't freak out over little spiders any more, although if they are bigger than a quarter, it's time for a nuclear strike. Die, die, die!
3-25-08 Addendum, comment I made on Lori G's blog - You know, I have that shark phobia, too. I could walk around in a dark house endlessly without a whole lot of fear, but a big body of water that you can't see through just gives me the creeps. That's why I only wade in up to my ankles in the beach or ocean. Even deep swimming pools give me the creeps. When I swim laps in a three-feet-deep pool, I still have to turn around occasionally and check for sharks. It's crazy. Why didn't that make my phobias list on my abc post? I think I may have to add an addendum.
Q - Quotes: I'll stick with this one. Kind of sums up my attitude these days - "It's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself." Colonol Potter-MASH
R - Reason to Smile: I've done nine months of daycare without maiming anyone, and I think I actually have more patience than I used to. Don't ask my own kids to verify this, though.
S - Season: Spring, baby. I think I honestly hate winter, although I do love the view of snowy mountains. I want to smell the fresh spring air, and see all the wonderful things growing up out of the ground, especially tulips. The dirt beckons to my fingers. I also love the cool weather of fall and the gorgeous fall colors, but the downside is that I know winter is not far behind.
T - Tag Six: I think all my blogging friends (Sue, Jenn, Chris, Katy, and Liz)have been tagged by Sue, so I may have to nudge Zen and the kids to at least comment on this tag.
U - Unknown Fact About Me: I dig the sci-fi movies. My new fav tv show is Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I don't love all sci-fi, but I'm definitely a sucker for all the cool blockbusters, even if they're a little cheesy.
V - Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animals: Would somebody get me a steak knife please? Although, I am trying to eat more whole grains and fiber these days, for my own health.
W - Worst Habit: Lazing about reading nothing useful. The thing that has gotten me into a lot of trouble over the years, is my insatiable need for collecting craft supplies for projects I am never going to finish, let alone start. Fortunately, I did an intervention for myself about four or five months ago, and got rid of most of my extraneous craft supplies. And I have resisted the urge to buy more. Not a complete resistance, mind you, but a definite reduction in wasting money. We'll see how long it lasts.
X - X-Rays or Ultrasounds: Hey, my next ultrasound is Monday, March 3rd, so mark your calendars. I hope we will be announcing pink or blue!
Y - Your Favorite Food: Do I have to pick a favorite? Come on, it's all good, although I could say for now that I love Mexican and Italian. Almost nothing beats a great plate of nachos with guacamole, or a really excellent lasagne (no ricotta cheese, please, I think it's just sand in disguise.)
Z - Zodiac: Scorpio. Wikipedia's initial description says this makes me a stubborn drama-queen. Could this be true? I think they have me mixed up with my daughter. Although, I do like the broader list of characteristics which include "brave, deep, intriguing, complex, creative, self-critical, quiet."

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You are so on top things and got that done fast. Thanks for posting the wedding picture. I've never seen it. I love the glasses!