Thursday, February 28, 2008

Declutter Now! - or - Just Say No To Clutter!

I had another one of those nights last night, where I wake up a lot, my brain firing out all sorts of irrelevant thoughts. Yes, it's Gassy Brain Syndrome. At 2:15 am, I woke up from a dream about decluttering my house, only in my dream, I'm a teenager again and we are making another international move. I'm thinking, "This stuff has got to go! If I haven't used it in two years, it's outta here!" I tried to go back to sleep, and I must have, because I woke up again at 4am, with a continuation of the decluttering dream, where my parents are going through their old records in preparation to get rid of them. I protested, saying, "But I can sell those on eBay for a lot of money!" Knowing my propensity for collecting projects I don't finish, they told me, "NO!" and I said, "But just give me one day, ONE day, that's all I ask for!" And then I woke up. This is all very humorous to me, makes me giggle. Mom has made several phone calls to me about this and that of Gram's things she and her sisters are going through, seeing if it interests me, so I think the sorting-stuff topic came out in my dreams last night. We all must declutter, so our poor children don't have to mess with our junk when we pass away! Not that Gram's things were junk, I'm just saying, you know?

Can I just insert here that if I express interest in something of Gram's, it doesn't mean I'm gearing up for a family feud about it. I realize the sisters have first priority, and that there are objects that just about everyone would like, but only one person can have at one time. In the end, I think I'd be happy with a little digital photo book of Gram's treasures, and what their stories are. Sounds like a great project... I'd be willing to undertake the organization of it, but I don't know how practical that is, considering the fact that I don't live where any of the treasures are! Anyway, if someone can think of something constructive for me to do along those lines, I'm open to suggestions.

No comments: