Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ward Campout '09

After the previous weekend, I was in no mood to camp, but we did go up Friday night, Aug 21, for our ward campout dinner, at one of the campgrounds around Flaming Gorge. I was also in the mood to break out some dutch oven skills, slight though they might be.

I was working on a cobbler. There was a little bit of a dutch oven cobbler contest, and I made mine with a bag of frozen mixed fruit, and a few cake mixes.

This is as close as Zen and I got to an anniversary picture this year. Here we are this night, just a few days away from our 17th anniversary.

Br. Sorenson, I think, brought this up from his work. It's his company's big cookout trailer, fully equipped and totally manned out. Maybe we could borrow it for next year's reunion. I wish.

No lack of testosterone here, ready to feed the masses. Cookin' out is man's work. Amen, sister, amen. They've gotta take a turn, sometime.

This is the entire summation of Dani's birthday this year - no cake and candles (we forgot to do it at the fam reunion and the bad weather completely put it out of our heads), but she got her very first ultra-texting cell phone, which later got water damage, and eventually was swallowed by her bedroom (or perhaps thrown in the trash by her baby sister.) Maybe Santa Claus will fix that problem.

Aaah, my favorite food in the world - buffet, baby, buffet.

Someone, the bishop I think, brought up corn fresh from Utah fields. And man, was it good!

Emma and her Dad's UW Cowboy hat. No sissy BYU hat, thank you, as someone else tried to put on her head.

Emma played Goldilocks and musical chairs all night, constantly roaming and sitting in any empty camp chair, especially the little kid chairs.

The collection of dutch oven cobbler entries.

I won!! But honestly, it would have been a LOT better with double peaches and raspberries per two cake mixes. Fun time! Maybe next year, we'll feel like camping overnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, that looks so yummy!! good job getting the best cobbler, but now there are standards set in place for next year. Is Zen getting a few grey hairs... you guys arent getting older are you??

Sue said...

Oh man, these pictures have me jones'n for summer. That is one bad a$@ cook trailer! I'm thinking we should do Bear Lake this summer for reunion.

So, have Emma or Connor broken Dani's phone yet?