Friday, June 26, 2009

Noah's Ark, Paging Noah's Ark

Boy, that Wyoming weather just let loose tonight. All of a sudden, I could hear rain pelting the front door. The front door is set back three feet under an overhang. Not only was it raining hard, but that Wyoming wind was blowing it sideways!
Dani is the fun, impulsive one in our family, very giggly, and she couldn't resist running out into the storm.

Monkey see, monkey do, and Connor joined her. They were only out there about 10 seconds and got soaking wet!

It all blew over in about 30 to 45 minutes, and then Dani took this beautiful picture of our Wyoming sunset.

P.S. It's official - we will be there for the campout in August! Zen's family reunion is the week before, so I'll be able to bring myself and all my heathens for the Cox reunion. I'm not sure if Zen will be able to make it, but I'll be there with my tent, and lots of valium (it's a joke.)

3 comments:

Lois Ann said...

I don't think Valium is to joks about - just kidding...LOL. It will be great fun to get back to the mountains; the last mountain place we were was Smith and Moorehouse reservoir. So will I let any grandkids sleep in my tent? Maybe - Maybe not.....

Anonymous said...

Playing out there in the rain felt, strangely enough, felt like summer. Rather, the great outdoors.
I felt like myself out there, getting soaking wet. It was fun and I had a blast.

I couldn't believe how strong the storm was - rain and hail and fierce winds - and how quickly it blew over. BTW Mom, it blew over way quicker than 30-45 min. It was more like 10-15 min.

The pictures I took afterward weren't near as close as they were to the real thing. it was absolutely beautiful after the storm was over.

Sue said...

Dani, I remember when I was 20 (really!) I went out in a huge rainstorm all by myself, with no one around, and just walked and twirled and danced in the rain, with my face turned to the sky, reveling in God's power. I love how you said you felt like yourself out there. When you embrace nature, it can feel so cleansing.

Becky, you totally need to find someone you can borrow a camper from, even if it's a small one. It makes the BIGGEST difference when you have a cool place to go hide from the bugs, a place to put your cranky kids down for a nap, and a quiet place to hide and read a book while everyone is outside being rowdy.