Friday, June 5, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I have heard your pleas, so I am back to blogging! I was away, sheerly for lazy reasons, but I'll try to do better.

Over Memorial Day weekend, we spent Sunday with Sue and her family, for Mackay's blessing. Check out Sue's blog for the story on that. Then, after eating lunch at Brian Nate's Mom and Dad's house (I really enjoyed meeting his mother, a very gracious lady), we went further up the western border of Wyoming, to spend some time with Zen's family. Zen's sister, Jan, and her daughter, Katie, as well as Katie's friend, were there as well. Monday, everyone, except me and the two little ones (Emma was sick, so I kept her at the house), did the traditional Memorial Day activity of visiting all the Allred gravesites around Star Valley. I don't have much detail on that, because I was not there this time. But in times past, there have been volunteers from a local military organization of retired military men who play taps (?) and then shoot off guns in a ceremonial honoring of the fallen dead. After everyone came home from the VF potluck luncheon, we hung out in the backyard for a while before we headed back home.

Emma crashed for a nap at the top of Grandma's stairs.

Grandpa had purchased one of those fun little remote control helicopters, and Connor had a blast playing with it. It was hard for him to leave it with Grandpa at the end of the day. (Look right above Zen's hand, below the painting. It's the Mosquito!)

I love this old cart that sits out in the backyard behind the farm house. It had warmed up considerably by the afternoon, and so I took Emma outside, despite her cold.

Dani and Gil love to go four-wheelin' at Grandma and Grandpa's farm. Connor loved going for rides, too. Gil tried out the motorcycle, but it was tough learning, and maybe he'll give it another shot next time.

Sassy-Loo-Hoo in her four-wheelin' "pinup".

2 comments:

Sue said...

Dani- SOOOOOOOKIE!

Love the pic of Emma on the cart. Jelly shoes are back!

Lois Ann said...

I seem to remember a photo of Dani's mom om a 4 wheeler on the way to Kearny Lake in 1986? And you think only boys love their wheels... Glad you are back on your blog