Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's Pretty Much About The Swords

Don't die of shock, or anything, but I'm blogging tonight. I'm going to split my Scottish Festival post into two posts, one now about swords, and one tomorrow night about the festival, 'cause I am not staying up past midnight blogging.

We went to the Salt Lake City Scottish festival this weekend in American Fork/Lehi Utah. I took a zillion photos, mostly of the kids enjoying themselves. Gil had the most fun, I think. He got a real sword, a blue beverage bottle he wanted for a keepsake, and two phone #'s of chicks he met at the Tattoo last night, and on the drive back to Grammie's house, he spent the whole time texting them. Teenagers in the modern era. "I'm a play-ah," he said. Sigh...

But he was really into the festival. Grammie may have a convert. On the way home, I asked Gil if he would be willing to wear a kilt next year. "Yeah, that would be awesome!!!" We'll have to start saving our pennies for an authentic McGregor tartan kilt or two.

This year we splurged and bought all the kids wood swords, and got a nice metal sword for Gil. Dani also saw these cool celtic leather and bead hair braiding do-dads, but I talked her into letting me buys supplies so we could make a lot more of them for the same price the vendor was charging at the festival. More pics after we get the supplies.


Gil and Connor at the fesival, outside the McGregor tent.

Gil and Dani.

We made it home. Hail the conquering heros!

This is a classic Connor expression.

Attack!

Sassy-Loo-Hoo.

Wanna make bets on how long it takes for one of the wood swords to break?

How about how long it takes Gil to do something stupid with his metal sword, and I have to confiscate it?

6 comments:

Lois Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

Holy Cow, you blogged! (Like I can talk!)

Gil, bustin' the moves! Kids really don't give a rip about the impracticality of living 3 hours apart.

Did you know Emma called my cell phone 3 times last night? I missed the first 2 calls, but then on the 3rd one I answered and heard Emma babbling in the background and you talking to her. I guess cell phones aren't just for teenagers!

Sue said...

P.S. I hope you have unlimited texting on your cell phone plan!

Lois Ann said...

Sorry about the deleted post above - I hit the publish instead of the preview button with some misspelled words, so let me start over...

I am so glad that you got to come to the Scottish Festival. It is always a good day when the teenagers are happy with the events. I'm sorry I could not be with you all the time, but had obligations to the festival and to the MacGregors. However, that included you and I DID take care of the Snack Room at the back of the clan tent. So maybe that did not ignore you totally . My friend Diane Sigfried (Sig) from Cache Valley and I were both impressed to come home Sat. night and find the beds made, dishes washed, and generally little evidence that you had spent the night and had breakfast at my house

Lori Gerten said...

Scottish Festivals rock!! Even when you are an unhappy surly teenager and your best friends mom drags you to one while you are on vacation with them!!!!

If I only knew then what I know now!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gil got some phone numbers from girls??? Wowsers, check HIM out!!
I want to know how long before an eye gets poked out??? Was it 2 or 3 hours, or 2 or 3 min?
It was good to see you guys there, I love you guys... so funny and crazy... I need more of that in my life!!