Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Good Father's Day this year, but then I'm not Zen, so maybe I can get him to sum up his Father's Day in the comments (hint, hint).

We also finally had Foofie's birthday-cake-in-your-face little family party, but I'll blog that one tomorrow, 'cause it's already past midnight.

My Mom sent Zen this really cool book about American Special Forces soldiers on horseback in Afghanistan. I think he really liked it. I also got Zen the "Pursuit of Happyness" movie with Will Smith, a great movie about fathers and never giving up.

Dani's card (see below).

Now, you know I'm all about the funny cards, and I found so many good ones this year, Zen got 4 cards, one from each of his kids:




I dig the sound cards these days. Some of them are really funny. When you open this Darth Vader card, you get the infamous breathing, with him saying, "I AM YOUR FATHER!!!" Put it all together, and it makes this card hilarious!



Mom also sent Zen a funny Simpson's card, but Connor carried it off somewhere. I'll scan it and post it tomorrow if I can find it.

I also talked to my Dad on the phone, and afterwards, I found myself wishing I had the dough to take him and Kathy for a trip to see his Mom. Now that he is on oxygen and his legs are in constant pain, his mobility is even more limited, but a junkload of dough would go a long way towards getting him down to Bullhead City. It would take some special travel arrangements to make that happen. But, at the very least, I should call him more often.

Sorry, not anything deep to say on Father's Day, except I just feel gratitude for the men in my life. I'm thankful for my hard-working husband, my great father-in-law, and for the great memories my own father gave to me growing up.

1 comment:

Lois Ann said...

So Connor liked the Homer Simpson card enough that he ran off with it? You go, Connor! I was hoping it would amuse somebody, LOL. I went to church with Don and Lora yesterday and baked him a rhubarb/strawberry pie.