Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cake In Your Face!!

Here's our little party we had for Emma on Sunday. Super simple, but still fun:


It's the quickest, easiest idea I could come up with (sorry, can't stand store-bought cakes with the 99% grease icing), and they were pretty yummy.

Singing happy birthday.







Look, we're messy, too!!

Dani was being so silly, wanting to have a messy face just like Emma. Emma also had fun gnawing on the wax candle. Mmmm, reminds me of crayons...


Grammie (my Mom) sent some cute outfits for Emma. We're so lame, we forgot to buy anything for Emma, except cake.

But Emma's favorite present was the musical card Grammie sent. Deega has been wandering around the house for several days, listening to "Winnie-the-Pooh" music and dancing, while I sing along with the card for her. I'll have to post some pics of that. The card is pretty mangled, but still playing music.

3 comments:

Lois Ann said...

Yeah Emma, now you are one! A Grammie is always glad to find out that what she sent was fun...

Sue said...

Ahh, cake joy! I love seeing the progression from "um, am I really allowed to dig in this gooey stuff?" to "Waa-Haa-Haa, I have the POWER!"

I love the one of Emma picking icing off Dani's face. Totally bearded.

Anonymous said...

2nd to last picture: it's funny how all us three kids have the same skin tone.

I as well love the one of Emma picking icing off my face. I wanted to be silly while i got the chance, so I did the classic 1st B-day tradition: get totally messy. :-)