Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolutions Part Dos...

Here are the spiritual resolutions for 2009 -

1. Read scriptures daily - via Palm Pilot, it's more likely to get done that way. Reading goes for the family, too. Our stake presidency has asked everyone to read the Book of Mormon this year.
2. FAMILY HOME EVENING - we are such a bunch of slackers, and the kids need this desparately. Like, could I get them to focus on reverence in sacrament meeting, so they will quit giggling at the baby and doing goofy things to make her laugh? And would you quit poking each other? Nobody touch anybody else in sacrament meeting! You heathens!
3. PRAY, PRAY, PRAY - I'm pretty good at keeping a prayer in my heart all the time. I talk to Heavenly Father constantly, as if he were standing right next to me. But I find kneeling down and verbalizing awkward. Why is that? Anyway, we could do with a whole lot more meaningful family prayer, too. Not just "rub-a-dub-dub-thanks-for-the-grub" or "hope-we-don't-die-in-a-house-fire-in-our-sleep" kind of prayers, although that don't-die prayer still sounds pretty useful.

That's a meaty-enough list, even though it's short. But here's another for yesterday's list:

9. Send more cards!!! - Here I am getting my craftroom ready, so I can actually use it, and I need to get back to making and giving cards. Wouldn't you love to get a card from me?

End Post 2, 2009

No comments: