Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Break-Ups Suck

Well, it's official. I gave my two-weeks notice to all my daycare clients Monday. I haven't been that stressed-out in a long time. I'd been debating for weeks whether or not to close my daycare immediately, or to wait until the school-year was up. Why close daycare? Well, the Reader's Digest version is that it's dragging on the family, and that it's become apparent to me, that daycare for other people is a huge liability that I'm just not willing to risk anymore.

I was so worried about my clients. Would they put up a big fuss, and lay a huge guilt-trip on me? Would they be able to find a replacement? Daycare is so hard to find here. That's what people tell me all the time, and I turn people down nearly everyday for my daycare. I hate potential confrontation and being the bearer of bad news (my children would not believe this, for some reason I can totally give them heck when they need it, but I can't do that with other people), especially when I know I have to give other people stress. But, now that it's done, I'm beginning to feel a little more relief everyday.

I was so wigged-out on Monday, that I started reading Twilight again. See, the bad thing about me and novels, is that I can't just ration them out a little at a time. I just sit and consume them, a virtual pig-out session. That's why I swore off reading several months ago. I'm so useless when I'm reading books. Laundry, huh? Cooking, huh? Everyone has to fend for themselves. So, I might have to loan out my Twilight series for a while...

Speaking of which - loved the movie! Thought the multi-national "It's a Small World" nature of the whole thing was a little jarring (can I say that without sounding like a racist hick?), just because that's not how it was in the novel, and I don't know if it's true to the region the novel is set in. But overall, a good flick. I've seen it twice now, but refuse to spend anymore on it, at least until the dvd comes out. How long will we have to wait for that, I wonder? I think I'm getting old enough now, that to find someone that young (actor who plays Edward) attractive kind of makes me feel like a pervert. Oh, well. Thirty to thirty-five is the best, I think. Men get big and burly by that age, and I find that more attractive than the scrawny-anorexic-rock-band-wannabe thing that so many late-teen early-twenty-somethings have going on these days. But that guy is good-looking, no doubt, and the chemistry was really good between he and the actress who played Bella.

End Post 5, 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My darling daughter Becky,

I feel a great sense of relief for you, keep up your good work in nurturing your sanity. I seem to remember that what helped me make the decision to retire last September or so, I had conflicts about whether I was, after all those years, still giving quality care every day to my patients, and was I doing what I wanted for my own family and my own sanity and what I felt was my obligation to keep up with family history research and keep up with the obligations to the American Clan Gregor Society as their Registrar/ membership person. Well, there was more, but maybe that can be a comment for another time :-)

Love,
Your Mom

Jenn said...

Good for you! Now you can have time to enjoy your family and feel less stress. Your already doing good on your New Years Resolutions!