Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wyoming Moon

Happy B-Day Bro! Happy Birthday out to Don, who turned 40 today. Great party last night! I really did enjoy it, although I fell asleep for a few minutes on the couch because I only had three hours of sleep the night before. Sue, thanks for the mildly embarrassing photos of that, and for the giggles I heard from the Peanut Gallery (you know who you are). But I was too tired to care. Anyway, I'm really glad I quit grousing about the price of gas (my meds are really mellowing me out, don't you think?), packed up my kids, and drove to Salt Lake for the shindig. Kudos to Lora, who planned the whole thing. To me, this surprise party, because of all the people you rounded up and all the hard work that went into it (huge organizing, keeping the secret from Don, and the incredible "life story" video you put together), just goes to show how lucky Don is. I've been meaning to say that for a long time, and I'm too shy to say it in person. You are the best thing for him. Every time I think about all you do for him, and the sacrifices it takes to juggle his life and his kids, I'm just relieved he has you. Thank you so much for all you contribute to his happiness.


So anyway, driving home tonight, I just couldn't help admiring the full moon, and I thought, "I've got to take some pictures when I get home." So I did! Here's the shot from my back deck. For all you amateur camera buffs, I shot this with my telephoto lens, as close up as I could get, 200 setting on the lens, at a speed of 4000 with the camera set on a tripod. I still had to crop the picture, but it looks great, if I do say so myself. Just goes to show what you can do with a decent camera, and a clear Wyoming sky. Sue, you probably already know this from your many previous visits to Wyoming, but the summer nights are beautiful here, because the air is so clear. You can see a gazillion stars in the clear night sky. Get your camera and tripod ready this fall after you get settled in at your new home!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm glad you guys came down this weekend, it was so good (and surprising) to see you! I agree, the party was so much fun. Bravo Lora!
We saw the moon on Saturday night too, and it was so pretty. Your picture turned out great!

Sue said...

Check you out with the sweet photography skills! When I first saw it I assumed it was a stock photo downloaded from the internet, then I read further and discovered you were the photographer. Nice work!