Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy 3rd!! ...so when can we start potty training?!



Thanks for the loot, Grammie!!!

Connor is now officially three years old! He loves cars, and loves, loves, loves water! He'll stand at the kitchen sink, and just play for nearly an hour, pouring water back and forth between containers, spraying things with the little sink water sprayer, and having a grand time. And he actually manages to keep most of the water in the sink! Of course, let's not talk about water conservation. We get black marks for that, but it's non-tv entertainment, so I approve. His Fisher Price Geo Trax train tracks set is one of his favorites, too. And don't forget that he's a monkey acrobat and fearlessly climbs and jumps from great heights. Speaking of fearlessness, if I lose track of him, he'll escape outside, and just go next door to the neighbor's house, walking in like he lives there. I've tried to explain the concept of knocking, but it's going to take a while to catch on. Dani was like that when she was little, too. Remember my post a while ago, when I was talking about how Connor would go potty at church, quite willingly, but he wouldn't go potty in his own house? He said he wanted to go outside to Connor's house to go potty. Where is this mystical place outside called "Connor's House"? Well, turns out that this neighbor's house next door is "Connor's house." Little rascal! He just won't go potty here. I keep thinking I've got to work out some kind of bribing system to get him to go potty in his own house, but I'm not sure. He's just so stubborn!

He is also so much more articulate these days, and is really developing a sense of humor. For example, a month or two ago, he found a way to describe his constipation, "The poopies are hiding in my butt!" I just about died laughing. Today, when he finished his Perler bead project (just a square filled with black beads), he said "I'm a genius!" Apparently, he heard that phrase on the kid tv show, Avatar. Nice use of phrases, Connor.

This is Connor's funny little "Gritting Grin." Maybe you have to see it in person to be amused by it, but he clenches his fists, grits his teeth and smiles while his head tremors. Such a quirky little boy. But we love you!!

3 comments:

Becky in Wyo said...

that is just so funny. i just about did the same thing, mom. after it was just getting funny, it just started getting wierd. it still is funny though...

anyway, its dani here who's typing, so dont think this is my mom typing this

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Connor!

P.S. I'm finished with the book and dying to talk about it!

Sue said...

"The poopies are hiding in my butt!" I am cackling SO hard right now!