Friday, June 27, 2008

100th Episode! - "If There Were Vines..."

If I'm doing the math correctly, my Emma post was my 100th post on my blog. Wow! I can hardly believe I've written that much in the past nine months. So, I just thought I'd commemorate it a little today, making this post the 101st.

Oh, so much blogging to do, so little time. I want to catch up on everyone's blog, and I've only managed to comment on Chris' blog so far. I thought I'd better post some more pics of Emma and my little band of savages before I lose track of what's going on in my own life. After all, this blogging thing is supposed to be my journal/scrapbook because I can't seem to make myself write in an actual journal or work on actual scrapbook pages.

Picking up where I left off at the end of my last post: I stayed in the hospital for just two days with Emma. When I had Connor three years ago by c-section, one of the nice nurses (I just love nurses, and it's not just the family bias, either!) at the hospital there in West Jordan, told me that I'd be so much better off in the long run if I would just take my pain medication and get moving! I kind of had a paranoia about serious pain meds: I was afraid I was going to get addicted to them or something. It turned out to be an unnecessary fear, but that's why I put up with the pain longer than necessary last time, and I could hardly get out of bed the first two or three days after Connor was born. So this time, I was determined to be a good girl, take my meds, and get my butt moving. I was up and about that first day as soon as the anesthesia from the spinal block wore off, and I kept moving around, determined to recover as soon as possible. Mom and the nurses kept telling me how good I was doing. Yes, I'm tooting my own horn here, but I figure I gotta find my warm fuzzies where I can get them. I feel like such a slacker most of the time. And I am so determined to keep going on my healthy eating/consistent exercise kick I was on before I got pregnant. I've gotta celebrate the little daily victories, keep my motivation up.
Out of bed, blogging at the hospital on my Mom's laptop.

Oh, man, this is going to be wordy. I can tell I'll have to split this up into four or five posts, just to catch up over the last and a half. 'Scuse me.

It's always interesting inviting my pack somewhere - short attention span. It wasn't long before Dani and Gil were climbing the walls, and amused themselves messing with things in my hospital room. If there were vines on the ceiling, they would have been swinging from them, too:
Dani Monkey... and there were others who had to take the hospital bed for a test drive.
Dani played on Grammie's computer. Of the kids, Dani stayed the most. The boys could only take about 1/2 hour visiting at a time, or was that me?
Grammie and my monkeys. Connor was totally into his Cheetos. Mom who?

And here's cutie pie Emma. Everytime I take her picture, I think, "Oh, that doesn't quite capture her face." I guess it's a newborn thing. She can look like 20 different people, depending on which picture you're looking at. Here are a few, for example:






I suppose that will do for now. More later!!!

5 comments:

Lizzy Lou said...

I know this is a very strange comment, But I think she looks like Nicholas Garlitz. Except for the bow of course........

Becky in Wyo said...

I keep thinking she's got some Susie in her, too.

Anonymous said...

she looks like me! i think this because it seems the opposite in our family: i look like my dad, and since the baby's a girl, well, i guess the girls look like the dad, and the boys look like the mom

Lori Gerten said...

She is a really cute baby!!!

Jenn said...

I think she looks just like a miniature, more feminine, Connor. She is definitely an Allred!