Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Just Say No to McDonald's

Well, poor little Connor is sick again. Hacking cough (sometimes so hard, it makes him throw up, I broke in my new carpet cleaner yesterday), runny nose, watering eyes. And you know who I blame? McDonald's! ...or maybe I blame myself for being stupid enough to take him to the McDonald's playland during cold season. There were so many kids there that last week, I should have known better. And who knows how often they disinfect that thing. At least I can be grateful that he's sleeping at night, only wakes up once, and even that is pretty brief. But I've gone through boxes of tissues, wiping up something on his face every five or ten mintues. All this reminds me of Sue's blogging about the daycare at gym. Same principle. Put a lot of kids in one play area, and somebody's going to turn up sick a few days later, especially during the winter. Uhgh.

Anyway, here's another fun little pic. Gil stumbled across it, looking for cool pics to send to his female email buddy, and it's just weird enough it's been the background on my computer screen for several days now.

Yes, Connor looks like a ventriloquist's dummy, kind of creepy. Gil thinks it's hilarious. Click on it to see the larger version. Looks even creepier.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Can you say CHUCKY? Psycho Connor!

Amelia looks cheerful, as usual.

I tried going to the gym two weeks ago, and turned right around when I saw a notice on the door that said they'd had a reported outbreak of Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. No thanks.

Becky in Wyo said...

Oh, those nasty, nasty public daycares. Cootyville!

Anonymous said...

I KEEEEEEL YOU!!!
Another achmed in training.

Jenn said...

I'm seriously about to pee my pants right now because that is so funny.

Lori Gerten said...

I love the picture of Conner. When I was growing up I had a Charley McCarthy ventriloquist doll. I thought it was the coolest thing that I cuold pull the string in the back and it's mouth would move. I had great routines and jokes made up and everything.

Too bad that IT BECAME SO FREAKIN SCARY FOR ME THAT I threw it away.

I still shudder thinking about Charley Mcarthy!

BY ThE way, you need to post soon because it's been so long!!

Unknown said...

http://www.reviewsrantsrandomness.com/2008/09/2059-reasons-to-hate-mcdonalds.html