Friday, March 14, 2008

Stupid Thoughts

People, I got a whole lotta nothing, but I feel like blogging anyway. Maybe 'cause it's Friday. So here's some completely random bunch 'o nothin'. Don't even know if I'll post it. My apologies if I do, sorry if it's boring. It might be the blogging equivalent of sitting around picking my nose, watching paint dry, etc.

1. The good news: it's Friday. The bad news: it's Friday (see #2, I've got six of them today. What am I doing blogging?)
2. One under-five kid is kissy-mushy and adorable. You could forgive them almost anything. A group of five or six are ravening animals, who are in training to be the cast from Lord of the Flies.
3. Got any cure for i-am-a-slug? I've exercised once this week, once people. I need an intervention.
4. Uterine cramps/contractions at three in the morning, two nights in a row, when I get up to use the facilities. Huh? They go away as soon as I get up and move around. At least they're not happening when I'm awake, I guess.
5. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? I would wish for total body awareness. What? That means that every cell in your body is completely under your conscious control. Think about it: increased intelligence, healing, speed, reflexes, no more saggy boobs, etc. The applications would be noble, I swear...
6. Kids say the funniest things. Example - "My daddy's a dork, my Mommy said so."
7. Three hours down, seven to go...

Maybe I'll tack more on later. I wanted a list of ten, but that's all I've got right now. It's a stupid Friday.

11am/12pm
8. Tattle-telling doesn't always turn out the way you want. Sometimes the messenger gets shot.
9. After standing around in the kitchen for an hour making cookies this morning, one of the kids asked me, "Becky, are you in time-out?" "Yes, I'm in time-out making cookies." Peanut butter chocolate chip - mmmm... time-out never tasted so good.
1 Cup (2 sticks) butter
1 Cup creamy peanut butter
1 Cup white sugar
1 Cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
2-1/4 Cups flour
12 oz. bag milk chocolate chips (masochistic weirdos can use semi-sweet if wanted)
cook at 350 for 9 to 10 min.
What did I do to get put in time-out making cookies? Oh, yeah, I had way too much fun with my credit cards. Let's not talk about that...
10. Teenagers are so fun to mess with. Gil always turns off my music whenever I drop him off at school for an activity. Maybe I should download some Barney tunes or something, and "accidently" turn it on when he steps out of the car.
11. The witching hour - between 11:30 and 12:30 right before lunch is served. Can also be between 4:30 and 5:30 when parents pick up kids.

2:30pm
12. Found the definition of "jump the shark". Does this post qualify as "jumping the shark"? - you know, stupid junk signifying the downfall of a "quality" blog. Ha... ha.
13. S-o-m-e-b-o-d-y needs to comment so I'll quit writing this stupid stuff. Where'd my brain go? Hello, brain, friend, buddy, where are you? Bring me something good back from vacation, 'kay?
14. What is the good stuff you bring home from vacation? What doesn't wind up collecting dust or hitting the bottom of the "round file" after a couple weeks? Just the pictures, I guess. And what is with that "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" garbage? Whatever. Let's see, you could bring home a lovely STD (highly probable), a dramatically increased credit card balance (also highly probable), an unsavory new spouse (man, people are stupid), a tatoo of your ex in an unmentionable place, etc. The only thing that stays in Vegas is your money, baby. Kiss it goodbye. And with the credit card thing, Vegas will still be sucking cash out of you long after you go home.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm trying to figure out which category Connor fits into: adorable,sweet and mushy or ravening animal.

Becky in Wyo said...

By himself, he is sweet and adorable. With the daycare kids, he's more of the ravening animal. Although, in nursery at church, he gets along with everyone just fine. So, I don't know. Maybe it's just a territorial thing at home with all the little kids in "his space."

Anonymous said...

Hey, what I wanna know is what credit cards you were naughty with. Whatever it was I'm pretty sure I get to share in the spoils.

Zenmaster

Becky in Wyo said...

I'm talking about ancient history, babe. Sorry, no recent spoils to share. Although, I could pick up some almond, toffee Nuggets at the store...

Sue said...

(Insert Beevis and Butthead voice) Heh, heh...she said "nuggets."

Becky in Wyo said...

Now, now, get your brain out of the gutter. Nuggets are just chocolate candy, I promise.