Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Golden Years in Our Redneck Mansion

Thanks for everyone's comments yesterday. Really appreciate it!

Okay, I was weeding through my email inbox in shame this morning, horrified that I hadn't read most of it in a month (gasp!) How did that happen? Anyway, my brother-in-law sent me this junk email, and it just tickled my funny bone for some reason, very humorous! I don't know whose pic it is, and I'd give credit & more info if I could, but I'm posting it here, because I'm just in the mood for it today, and maybe you will be, too.

Four kids to send to college & possibly four missions to pay for, so this may be our dream retirement home. Has a sort of horribly-pleasing aesthetics to it, doesn't it? It's like a big, open rabbit hole. What a wonderful community feeling. Just makes you want to break out those crusty folding aluminum chairs and some fresh lemonade. You could get some serious distance with paper airplanes from those front porches, eh? Word of warning - don't set it up in a hurricane or earthquake zone... Hey, wouldn't that make a great Family Reunion vacation spot?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is... if this is a real place, I soooooo want to go there! How awesome would that be ! Funny picture, made my day!
Love you Beckster!

Jenn said...

Josh always tells me were going to end up living in a double wide, I think you just found his dream home!

Sue said...

This premiere community is really taking the world by storm...I got another email of it just this week!

We should really try to find it for our next reunion. We could sit around, be totally ghetto in our lawnchairs, and watch the kids try to catch goldfish in the little pond and race up and down the many sets of stairs.

Ahh, that's the life!

Lizzy Lou said...

This is seriously one on the funniest pictures I have seen this month. And since this has been a month of sadness, I was very ready for some fun. If Josh and Jenn end up in a double wide, I hope I get the little tiny tin box off to the right for a "mother-in-law" apartment. I am disappointed there are no more dog houses for the numerous critters our family tends to accumulate. And we need a big guetto blaster for the country western tunes. Sing it George Strait!!!!