Saturday, August 1, 2009

Secret Blogs

Soooo, did anyone enjoy/hate the rant? Silence out there in Blogland makes me nervous. Katy, you got that I'm trying to agree with you, not yell at you, right? Katy? Hmmm....

Geez, so busy today. Read about it at my health blog post. Completely wore myself out.

What shall I write about tonight? Oh, I know! I must confess to a new, and weird compulsion, to start little blog offshoots. I think I have about a dozen now. Some of them are just blog names I wanted to reserve for the future, like "Good Is Good, Bad Is Bad." Go watch Thumb Wars, a spoof on Star Wars. It's a totally dorky film, but it's one of those family inside jokes we quote to each other all the time. I have no idea what I'd use that blog for, but it seemed funny at the time, so I reserved it. Maybe it could be my list of films I've seen, loved, hated, etc. But, who's got time for that?! Or, it could be a list of books I've read, loved, hated, etc. But that would be entirely too addicting. And besides, then I'd have to 'fess up to what I've been reading, so let's not go there, anyway.

Another one I made, is just a "dump all your crud in" kind of blog, the inner stuff you just feel like getting out somewhere, but you don't want anyone else to read it. Here's a quote from the only post I've made so far, "I've often thought about writing a journal, just for me, with things I don't want to share with other people, and I guess it amuses me to put it out on the net, sort of hiding in plain sight, and then not, but it will probably stay hidden, not because I know one darn thing about hiding info in cyberspace, but just because it wouldn't interest anyone but me. Definitely an analogy for me. I keep a lot of myself hidden from other people. There's got to be a place for my interior world." Why mention it here? Well, as my teenage son says, it's because I'm a " 'tard." I'll probably be tempted to delete this confession here on my general family blog.

And, I still haven't gotten around to Becky's Kitchen Creations, though I still really, really want to. Maybe tomorrow? Sigh...

And another one I want to make, is a Business Plan blog. I was talking on the phone to my sister tonight, and I was mentioning that when I am in Salt Lake in about two weeks, I want to stop in at the Quilted Bear, and look into getting a booth again, for cardmaking and mini scrapbook album kits. Boy, did she let me have it. Mmm, maybe it wasn't a total ream-out, but she did remind me how difficult, if not impossible, it is to make a go of handmade crafts. And I countered with, yes, I know the last time was kind of a failure, but that doesn't mean I didn't learn anything, and I think I can do a better job this time. An older, wiser, and stronger me, so to speak. Ala Colonel Sanders. And I think a written, thought-out business plan, with ongoing updates, might assist with that. Any ideas on a blog name? "My Craft Business Plan"? Something more witty, or cool?

P.S. 2:30am - Sorry, I just could NOT take the purple circles blog design one more second, but I want to do something cooler, but more subtle, brown and blue neutral tones. But, hey, it's 2:30 am, and I'm goint to bed. I'll be more creative tomorrow...

No comments: