Monday, May 5, 2008

Family Health Update

My poor husband. I'm really trying to have sympathy, in a generic "love all people" kind of way. But he is just really, really grossing me out. He's got this horrible chest cold, that he caught while he was at training school out in Houston, and it's been going on for a week now. You know the kind, where there is continuous coughing and there's just phlegm coming from everywhere, I swear. I keep imagining an invisible bubble around myself, combating all the cooties in the air, and I'm thinking, "Don't touch me, don't touch me, don't touch me!" It's like making yourself not scream when you see a big spider, it's that kind of instinctive response. I just don't deal with sickness very well. I'm trying to control myself, and keep my "Ewwww, you're gross!" to a minimum, but there's not a whole lotta love going around, you know? So, pity my poor husband.

Well, how about an update on the bun in the oven sweet, precious little baby girl soon to arrive? I'm about 33 weeks now (my, how time flies!), and she's just kicking away everyday. The exercise went out the window about six weeks ago (I just know there are some I-told-you-so's out there, come on, you know you want to!), and I keep telling myself I should get out there and do something, even if it's only to walk. I think knowing that I'm stuck with a c-section has kind of killed the motivation. Plus, a good dose of big-fat-pregnant-laziness hasn't helped, either. Although, now that the end is near, I'm beginning to look forward to having my body back when all is said and done. Having a baby jiggling around inside is just weird and uncomfortable in the exercise department. I couldn't push myself as hard as I wanted to, and then I just got lazy. I'm already mentally gearing up to get some serious exercising done, and hopefully get over these sugar cravings I keep having. At least I've only gained 15 pounds, and probably won't gain more than five or ten more before I'm done. I want to be back where I was before I got pregnant. I was doing so well, and looking forward to dropping below 200. I want to be there by Christmas. Wouldn't that be awesome! And I still want out of the "Big Girls" department!

"I look like--" I told Zen after looking at this picture this morning. But I'm wearing my "monkey" shirt that Zen bought for me when he went shopping one day. It says, "Be nice to me or I'll sic my ninja monkeys on you." You know, 'cause I'm all about the "monkey" swear words. Holy monkeys, holy freakin' monkeys, what-the-monkeys-are-you-doing?!, monkey crap, don't-have-a-monkey-spaz, hold-your-monkeys (not hold-your-horses), and so forth.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Is it just me or has this pregnancy flown by?!! I can't believe how close it's getting, and can't wait to see pictures of her! And hopefully see her in real life at the reunion!

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

HEEEElllllooooo, you look awesome, so don't let the fact that you have not exercised bug you.... and you are just awesome the way that you are.... besides, what's a few pounds????

I love all of your holy monkey... comments.... you rock, I can not wait for the reunion... there is going to be alot of giggling, chatting, and frivolity!!!