Sunday, June 27, 2010

Smile For Me!

I'm trying to savor every second of Sam's baby stage. After all, he's my last, and there probably won't be a grandbaby for another 8 to 10 years (at least, there better not be!) I love how he smells, such a sweet, baby skin smell. When he gets bigger and runs everywhere and eats real food, he won't smell so nice anymore. So I'm constantly burying my face in his neck and breathing him in.

Sammy smiled in his sleep, almost from the beginning, but that's just kind of a facial twitch when he's really relaxed in his sleep. The real interactive smiling has come more gradually. First it was just opening his mouth, like he was really excited that someone was talking to him:

11 June

And sometimes, he would slip in a half-smile:


But then, last night when I was out shopping, Gil and Dani figured out how to make him smile really big by bouncing him on their knee:



He and I also carry on conversations now. Of course it's just the goofy, silly talk that moms do, and Sammy just coos and gurgles, but it's fun to see him start developing a personality and interact with people. The super-fun stage is just around the corner, when he laughs and giggles. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Dani said...

Gil and I each got our shining moment. I discovered the technique and Gil took the pictures. Happy day!