Sunday, March 21, 2010

Baby Sam

I was at my o.b. appointment this past week, and the doc and I were wrapping things up. I forget now what question he asked, but I mentioned that no, I didn't know what sex the baby was, although I really wished I knew. As it was, I was going to have to do all the shopping AFTER the baby was born. He took pity on me, and with a smile said we could go take a peek in the ultrasound room, no charge. So, he had one of his nurse assistants fire it up, and we met down the hall. I was so excited! Now I can do some of the fun things to get ready, make blankets and collect baby clothes. Sure enough, it only took a few seconds, after seeing that he was head down and that I had plenty of amniotic fluid, we could see that he was a boy, clear as day, all his little boy parts in the right place. Dr. Allyn did what he calls the "jello test," where he wiggled my belly, and baby's two little balls just jiggled right along. Kind of funny! But I was excited and pleased, smirking a little, because I thought, "I was right!!" I had the boy vibe all along, and I think I've been right with every kid. Not bad statistics! I've had a boy name picked out, practically from the beginning. Samuel. I have no idea what we'll pick for a middle name, but he's baby Sam for now.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Sam, on behalf of all of us, we thank you for being a boy. The giant sigh of relief was heard for hundreds of miles. ;)

Jenn said...

I have to thank you for giving me the image of two jiggling baby balls. I love it, not in a perverted way of course, just in a funny way. And, personally I think boys are the best. Do you realize that the last four great grandbabies have been boys? I have a feeling there will be a lot of trouble being made at future family reunions.