Friday, October 9, 2009

A Rite of Passage

Today, it was my job to take Dani to Parent Teacher Conference over at the junior high. Before leaving, I came upstairs dressed in my sweats (hey, they're my classy pair, blue with white racing stripes down the side), a t-shirt, and nice white tennis shoes. I put my coat on, and sat down to wait for Dani.

"Hey, let's get going!" I said, trying to get her to put on her shoes and coat.

She took one look at me, and said in that teenager way, "That's what you're wearing?!"

As we drove down to the junior high, the more I thought about it, the more it made me laugh. I have gone through a rite of passage. I have gained the ability to embarrass my teenage girl, just by by what I wear. Aaaaawesome. Later, Zen and I had to high-fived each other, so proud of our ever-increasing parenting skills.

4 comments:

Lois Ann said...

Way to go Dani! And parents too....

Anonymous said...

SOOOoooo funny, and ya know what I love... That you did not even care, way to go... some day she will see that looking good is only in the eye of the beholder. Glad to see that you are back. Hope that we see alot more of you!!

Sue said...

Way to score one for the team!

The Donnells said...

She didn't appreciate the racing stripes? Geese, she is the one with no style.